The Beginning

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

At my wits end...

Hello all! I hope everyone is doing really well.. and if you aren't... I'm with ya... I'm just a bit frustrated. Seems things are just not going right. I've been eating great. Over the last 4 days I haven't had any processed food. (Besides some frozen yogurt). I decided I'd like to get away from processed things and work on not polluting my body. I'm also going more organic... hence the 'not polluting myself thing'. Yesterday I went to the gym and walked on the treadmill (a very fast walk at 3.9mph) for about 15 minutes, then did 30 min on the elliptical... (after 15 I was rationalizing getting off about every 30 sec.) Usually when I get on the elliptical I can go for an hour easy... but putting the walking in first.. killed me. Which brings me to another thing. I have a serious fear of running on the treadmill. The reason I was at 3.9mph was because I planned to slowly start jogging... but I couldn't easy get the courage to do it. It's weird.... and I'm sure the moment I do it... I'll love it. Tomorrow may be my chance.. I'm going to the gym with my friend who likes jogging on the treadmill. Anyways, I then ended my workout with a 30 minutes circuit and a few thigh machines..
Now that I'm in the swing of things, I need to start making goals.. That way I can use my time at the gym wisely and get the most out of it.

So why am I frustrated if my eating is going well, and I'm working out.... My numbers have not budged since I last weighed in. I weighed in at 222 I think it was Jan 12th. I plan on weighing in every Tuesday (stay tuned for tomorrow) but last week I was on a trip so I thought I would make this week a head banging week and show a bigger loss. Not gonna happen.. in fact I may even show a gain. I'm not understanding. I'm working out now... I've been eating great... why isn't my body responding??? I think I may need to start counting every single calorie that goes into my mouth. I've been following a few bloggers who do that.... and I can't just keep ballparking my calories. So that's one thing I can work on to start getting results.

So far I've been working out every other day. I'm working up to going 5 to 6 days a week. Tomorrow I'm going to the gym in the morning with my friend.. and then after work we are going skating.... I love skating and hey it's exercise.

Well I will be checking in tomorrow with my results.
Love Always,
Amberly

Oh yeah.. I forgot... I thing I came across a blog called 12 Million Steps. It has really motivated me.... I wanna join in. This guy (Jared) has logged over 6.4 million steps so far. So I pulled out and dusted off my pedometers .... only to find out none of the 4 I have work... So I took one of them to get a new battery and it was hilarious. I put it on at Target, and I was walking around the whole story counting my steps out loud.... and then I'd check them with what my reading said. I finally got it working. I was putting it under my stomach over my knee as the directions said... but whenever I do that... I've walk like 100 steps... and it said I walked 250.... So I put it on my hip side... and got a nearly correct count... I counted 19 it said 21.... not bad. I'm gonna wear it tomorrow and I'm gonna start reporting my step count.

1 comment:

  1. When you consider how easy it is to eat 500 calories, lets see...

    Salmon, cucumber and mayo sandwich - 530 calories

    it becomes really important to count everything. Even 'healthy' foods contain calories. Use a calorie tracker - www.sparkpeople.com is free and might be a good place to start, and get to know what the calorie counts of your favourite foods are.

    BR.

    ReplyDelete