The Beginning

Thursday, April 01, 2010

March Results

Well Well Well.... another month has gone by. I'm sorry to say... I really wasn't present for this month... (as you have read... or haven't read... but I digress) However...  as much as I would love to hide it all and act like I had an okay month... (I mean... what I don't tell ya won't hurt you.... right?) that wouldn't really keep me accountable to myself. It's so funny... at times I act like I don't notice... or hide certain facts about myself... from myself..... HELLO... I'm right here... staring at a mirror and I can't really deny the FACTS... It's funny, really funny what we do to ourselves. So here are my month's results....
 
Amberly's Measurements 

Jan Feb March Totals
Weight 230 220.2 218.4 -1.8
Waist 47 45 46 1
Abs 43 41.5 42 0.5
Hips 47 45.5 43 -1.5
Chest 49 46 45.5 -0.5
Below Chest 43 42 41 -1
R Thigh 27 26.5 26 -0.5
L Thigh 27 26 26.5 0.5
R Arm 15.5 15.5 15.5 0
L Arm 15 15 15 0
R Calf 17.5 17.5 17.5 0
L Calf 17.5 17.5 17 -0.5
Neck 17 16.25 16.25 0




-2



I lost 2 inches total.... (I lost 4 inches... but gained 2 back in other places) and I lost 1.8 pounds... not great... but not bad. I can work with this.... I can move forward from here. I kept Jan results up there so you can see just where I started from.

First Day of April!!! I know that you are dying to know how my day was.... Well... Rushed... and well... Looking back now... I'm kicking myself ... (I forgot today was the first day of April) I had lunch with a good friend of mine and... 9 Enchiladas later..... I kid you not! I wish this was some kind of April Fools Day schenanigan.... But it is not. What is even sadder (makin' up the words as I go along... try to keep up)  I was still hungry after them. Now another horrible thing I must admit to you.... I didn't eat anything all day until 5pm when I had my encounter with mexican goodness. I know I know... So where do I go from here?  Well Insanity is calling my name. I think today is the day (night) that I begin my regimen.... I will let you know if I see the enchiladas again...

Other news... my husband just announced to me that he has lost 10lbs in 2 weeks.... I coulda punched him square in the jaw.... but I'm too sweet to do something like that (  ;o)  )..... I will say it is hard to hear of his great success when I have been working 10 times harder at this than he has (minus this past month cuz it doesn't count lol) but seriously.... I worked my butt off in Jan... and then intensified it with all the exercise in Feb.... only to have lost a total of 11.6 pounds. Which is another reason why I gotta make this journey truly memorable and all about me. Nobody else.

So... in triumph over this April celebration and "MOVING FORWARD" being this months motto.... I have decided to take on a challenge. Skinnyhollie is doing a 21 day challenge and I am all over this like white on rice.  Spring is here... and it's time to make the most of this beautiful weather that we are beginning to have.
The challenge goes like this... It starts April 5th - April 26th and you set a few daily priorities.

1) DAILY EXERCISE - At least 30 minutes of SOMETHING -and I am going to focus on Insanity being my form of exercise.

2) WATER - AT LEAST 100 oz. of water daily.

3) BREAKFAST - Since I have gone AWOL on my routine I need to get into my groove again.

I've actually decided I'm going to start this challenge now. So who is up for it with me? Any takers... anyone needing a fresh start. The terms of this challenge are completely up to you. Just do something different and work on yourself intensely for the next 21 days (25 for me.... heck.. I should make 30 lol )


But I have a challenge... with this challenge. I'm going to be out of town April 15 - 29th for a business. I thought that I would just bring the Insanity dvds with me... but now my husband is hooked on them. I shall figure something out... the one thing I will not do is what I did the last time I went away.... NOTHING.....


I would like to make a small goal for myself too...
My goal is for the month of April to lose 5lbs. This figures out to about a pound a week. Totally doable.
GUESS WHAT! IT'S FRIDAY!!!!
Have a Happy and Healthy Friday (and stay away from the endless enchiladas)
Love Always,
Amberly

2 comments:

  1. A loss is better than a gain! A 5 pound goal is totally "doable." That's my goal every month. I know what you mean about men. They only do a minimum workout for a few days, and they lose twice the weight that women do. I guess as women we're programmed to hold on to extra fat because we're supposed to bear children. That stinks. Keep up the positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go for it! Sometimes, I find the best (and hardest) exercise to do when traveling are table push-aways. Sometimes those buffet tables just call out to you!

    ReplyDelete