The Beginning

Monday, March 29, 2010

Taking one day at a time

I'm trying desperately to get focused again. Stop....
Now I'm at a writer's block.

I want to tell you that I've been really down lately and that I can't find anything or anyone to "Pick me up"
I want to tell you that I fought with myself yesterday from eating until my hearts content.... (thank goodness I don't keep crap in my house other wise I would have lost :o(

I really don't know what wrong with me. Yesterday I was playing PS3 all day and I just thought to myself... I need to get back on my routine and start making daily goals. I need to take this one day at a time right now.
Good news... I weighed myself this morning and I'm 219. I was dreading it being higher and then me wallowing in the fact that I've completely backtracked. But I didn't.

I bought the Insanity Workout system. It looks awesome. I started the fit test and I couldn't even finish the other half and I was so sore! I'm going to attempt it again and get revin' on it. I like the idea of a workout that you just use your body and no other equipment. I feel like it's things that I can learn so that I can do them anywhere.

Also I've been playing soccer every week. I even played twice last week. I'm starting to get into my groove and I had a lot of the players telling me that I should try out for a team. That made me feel really good. Last Wednesday when we played they divided up the teams and some of my players were like 'no we don't need that many people on defense... Amber's a really good defender' I really felt awesome! It feels so good to do something well and knowing that my team can rely on me.

The 5k was this past Saturday..... I just remembered. I'm still going to train for a 5k, but I think I shall take a little more time in training. I was right on schedule for the first two weeks of my training... then as you know I disappeared for 2 weeks.

April is right around the corner and it feels to me like a fresh start.

I hope everyone is having a happy and healthy day!
Love Always,
Amberly

5 comments:

  1. Make every day a fresh start! Every day, commit yourself to working harder and harder. I congratulate you on not being able to eat crap- the fact is that you fought yourself. You didn't give into it, didn't reason that you've been down and then rationalize it was okay to eat for that very reason. You're sticking to it- more than that, you knew not to keep anything crappy in your house because you could get in a place like that. That's a huge step!

    You'll get there and fresh starts are always great- make every day a fresh start. :)

    Jer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have to agree with Jer. She could not say it any better than that. It helps to start a new day with a new start. It works for me! Whatever I did yesterday is no longer a worry to me. Its about right now this min day. If you take that piece of advice it will get you further along your journey. We all know how hard it is to talk yourself out of something that "you" think "you" need. But that is an accomplishment.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all get in these slumps. You can get out of it. Take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I know its hard to get back on track! Let me know what you think of the insanity system. I have been doing biggest loser work outs and I love them

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful name you have!!

    Just found your blog -- looking forward to following your journey -- keep up the great work! :-) HAPPY EASTER!

    ReplyDelete