The Beginning

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Highs and Fumes

Have you ever brought a can of paint home and decided to put it on a spot on the wall 'just to see' how it looks..... and then 6 hours later have the whole room nearly finished? Well... if you are like me then this happens to you quite often. Sometimes I go and do radical and spontaneous things for the rush..... and being the safe kinda person I am.... painting walls is pretty high on the list!

Thanks everyone for their awesome comments on my progress. I'm pretty pysched!!! Want more great news?
I lost more weight!!!!!!
1.8lbs to be exact! And I got a new badge :o) Ain't it purrdy


If I keep this up now I will definitely enter 2011 at my goal weight. However I have a great feeling I will be at my goal sooner than that. No matter what I've really got a great attitude about all this. I'm loving my life right now.

Have you guys ever heard the Miley Cyrus song 'The Climb'.... if you haven't I'll indulge you by posting the lyrics :o)

I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on

This is the meat of the song.... They reapeat the chorus several times and add in some Whoas but this is the main words. Kind of inspiring huh. At least I thought so. In a nutshell... this is about the journey. I know I'm gonna struggle and have my bad days.... days when the scale doesn't move.... times when I don't go to the gym (going on 5 days now... I know I'm just horrible).... but I'm gonna get a lot more great days... days when a stranger bats an eye at me..... days when I look in the mirror and think 'Wait where did the fat go' (yes I do have my moments).... days when I'm laying down trying to figure out what is protruding out of the side of my ass only to realize I actually do have hip bones...... moments when I'm trying on clothing only to realize that I no longer fit and need to go down a size.....  I gotta take in these moments.... take time to learn how to heal from past mistakes....makes sure that this is my life not just a fly by night diet..... and always make sure that I'm smiling.

So today I was eating a donut ... (yeah I know ... no lie....  an old habit of not bringing anything to eat with me to work cuz I thought I'd probably have time to get something when in fact it was one of those days I got slammed and didn't even have a chance to breath.... ) Why I grabbed a donut really beats me... It was just sitting there ... only one thank God... and I ate it. Twenty minutes later I felt like crap. I wasn't feeling guilty.... which is surprising for me... I knew I could have it because it was in my calorie budget.... I felt horrible because I've been eating such great home cooked food that is healthy for me... and my body was literally sayin "Really Amber... what are you thinking.... no lunch and then this bombshell.... Really are we back to this now" I have to admit in a sick and twisted way I was really happy my body reacted the way it did. That chemically-made artery-stopping sin disguised as sweet goodness shouldn't have entered this 'temple o'mine'

Ya know I was so excited about Biggest Loser up until today when I got slammed with work... then forgot about it until this moment... This is what you get when you enter my world. It's not quite normal... but where is the fun in that anyway?

Anyhow... I shall sign off now. I'm feeling pretty great.... (could be from the paint fumes... as I did paint the computer room....)  I hope everyone has a great middle of the week.... wednesday.... hump day....
Love Always,
Amberly

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Don't say "If I keep this up now I will definitely enter 2011 at my goal weight". Take away the IF, girl! You WILL do it and you are on your way! Hooray for Amberly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song! I have it on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your weight loss! Yay! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. YESSS over 10 pounds! Get it girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great you're noticing and feeling that way about the "bad food."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the loss - that's awesome! I really like "The Climb," too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny...yep I've done that with paint. I tend to be an impatient person...I've painted more before the spot was even dry....lol.

    ReplyDelete