The Beginning

Friday, January 14, 2011

WW

Can't believe that's it's almost been a week since my last post. My laptop is messed up... I think the screen is burnt out... I'm not quite sure. I got an ipad from my brother a few weeks ago... that my husband seems to deem as his own.... so whenever I want to get online and blog.... I have to do it the old fashion way and go to my desktop... lol.

Well I joined WW (Weight Watchers) this week. I think this is like my 4th or 5th time joining. The first time I was 17... and lets face it I didn't want to change my ways... in fact if I still had my old journals around you'd see that I would factor in Dr. Pepper, candy, and we went out to lunch everyday. I remember I would get a Taco Salad from Wendy's and it was 9 points (without the corn chips).... however that was a decade ago.... (apparently I'm getting older?!?!?!?!) The other times I joined WW I was seriously thinking that just by joining it was the magic I needed.... Obviously not....

So here I am. It's the end of day 2... and I'm doing well. This evening though I had mexican food... and my stomach isn't feeling very well. I had to make a bunch of alterations to what I use to eat. What I use to eat was like 44 Points... and then the appetizer (26 points) and chips, salsa and Guac!!!!(12 points)  Holy Moley..... I'm a little ashamed..... but that is why I decided to join WW. I know I have a huge problem with portion control.... and I really like the support system that they have in place. Also... they are constantly improving so that they can help the vast majority.... which means there stuff is just gonna get better and better. Okay, okay.... they aren't paying me to say this...... but it would be nice lol.

Moving on.... TOMORROW..... Soccer tryouts. Since I was on the team last season.... I automatically was asked back this season.... but between me and you (all of you)... I don't think that I would be making tryouts tomorrow. Last season was a bummer because I sprained my ankle and was out for nearly the whole season. I've been doing some stuff to help strengthen my ankle (which has been helpful) but I didn't lose any weight... and I feel as though I am more fat than I was... as if my muscle that I had..... turned into fat :o(
Plus I feel really out of shape. On the flip side.... our first game is in the first week of Feb... so that gives me time.... and it will also force me to improve because I am not gonna wanna be seen as the 'biggest girl on the team' or I don't want the team to feel as though I'm bringing them down.

Last season there was a game in which the coach put me into a different postion along with another girl... and they kept taking us out of the game every 5 or 10 minutes because it was like we couldn't keep up.... I was so embarassed. Then the next game... I was put into a position that I played almost the entire game... and I was helping the team... not hindering them. Point of the matter..... I know I will step up my game and work on conditioning until the season starts.

I hope everyone has a good week. I am gonna go catch up on my blog reading.
Stay tuned to see how soccer goes tomorrow... (at least it won't be hot..... with this stinken cold front)
Have a healthy and happy weekend!
Love Always,
Amberly

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with soccer. I am sure once you have dropped a bit of weight you will feel more confident in your game. Way to go on joining WW . Another fantastic step in the right direction. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete