The Beginning

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Getting in Gear

Well I'm trying to find the motivation to get into gear. I have to admit... I've been so lazy! I've been doing some treadmill work like every other day. I don't know what's wrong with me. I've got goals... I've got daily expectations.... but I'm not living up to them now. Arugula!

Okay I promised I would post some pictures of my herbs in containers. There is rosemary, thyme, parsley, chives, oregano, spearmint and another one that is not coming to my mind.

My goals are underway... but I'm having a bit of a problem with eating... I'm eating way too much... and it's because I'm hungry (not mindless eating). I've been thinking about it for a while and I'm considering joining weight watchers. I know that it is a successful program... and I'm thinking it can help assist me with portion control. I've been on Weight watchers before and haven't done so well.... but that's because I wasn't 100% on board with it either. I could see myself looking all nice like Jennifer Hudson in those commercials lol.... I am planning on attending a meeting this Wednesday. The leader of the meeting has been a leader since at least 2001 when I first joined when I was 16 or 17 I believe. She's been there all this time, and she really is a great leader... very inspirational.

I like the idea that you can eat anything, as long as you record it and it's within your daily goal. I was on a diet in 2009... and I was doing awesome on it... it was supervised by the doctor... but it cut out nearly all carbs.... letmetellyou..... you lose tons of weight... but it just comes right back on. If I would've followed the program through... then when I reached my goal weight the doctor would start introducing the healthy whole grain carbs back into my diet.... but I did not. I had a few friends that did it and lost tons of weight, look great and everything.... but I was having problems following through and being strict. I really, as I'm writing this, feel like a fool for not continuing that while it was working for me. But another thing is... when my friends got down to their goal weights... they didn't support me and I felt alone in it. Which is another reason that weight watchers just sounds really great this time... I need to build a support system. I have people in my life that are for me losing weight and being healthy.... but their actions don't help me. I really need to find some people that are on the journey with me.... that can help with accountability.

Well those are my thoughts. I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.
Take care and stay healthy!
Love Always,
Amberly

4 comments:

  1. Great post! Finding motivation is challenging. Some days I feel like I have it and some days I'd rather sit on the couch for a movie marathon. I've never done Weight Watchers but I've been thinking about signing up for weight watchers online because it seems like they have really great tools. I have a friend that I am currently "working with" to lose weight and she says she has to make herself eat bc she never feels hungry! Eventhough I am eating healthy and little snacks like I should, I still feel hungry! I'm glad i'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just started reading your blog. I am also trying to lose weight and finding the motivation to work out has been so difficult. I keep telling myself, "oh, I can do it tomorrow." One of my biggest struggles is portion control also. Trying to shrink my appetite has been one of the hardest things. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone, and I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WW is great! I did ww after my 1st daughter was born and lost like 15 pounds and just one day stopped doing it. But Im starting back in February if I can't get the hang of dieting on my own. I think the food journal puts what you eat into perspective! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amerberly,

    I just started following you and I love your blog. Please join my weight loss blog and lets support eachother!

    Awesome job on your success!
    See you soon,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete