The Beginning

Monday, April 18, 2016

Spud Heaven

Why hello there! You might have thought that I had disappeared - lost all the weight and found myself on a remote island drinking some kind of awesome fruity drink.... well I wish I could tell you that you are right!

I fell off the wagon, got busy with life, underwent some more hospitalizations, went through some very stressful situations.... yada yada yada.

I have been doing some different things over the years with some good results - however nothing I really stuck to. However I now weigh 190lbs..... when I started this blog I was 230... and before that my heaviest was 254. As I was updating this blog (still in the process of) I had a moment of pride. In total from my heaviest I am down 64lbs. I think that is a fantabulous accomplishment!!

So Why am I back here???

I need some accountability.

I want to really work hard on losing the rest. I want to finish what I have started. More than anything, I don't want to be on anymore medication or worried that I will be hospitalized again.

So - what am I gonna do? What diet will I be following?

Have you heard of the book "The Starch Solution" by John A. McDougall, MD?
I just started reading it. A few of my friends have had some awesome success with it. The research alone is astounding. In fact - It's mind blowing.... I'm still working on wrapping my head around it.

So today is Day 1.
I have so far... eaten potatoes.
I fried some hash browns (in water not oil) in the frying pan.
I put a bit of seasoning on it.... and it tasted marvelous.... so much so that I didn't use any other condiments. (I was prepared to douse it in ketchup and Sriracha).







Gonna go get back to work - but wanted to start posting... otherwise I won't follow through.
More to come!!
Lata

No comments:

Post a Comment